Friday 10 October 2014

Supernova

Full blooms,
A spider's sleepy delight.
Pilous legs playing in caverns of red and maroon,
Drunk on a heady scent,
for an afternoon.

Time stands still- almost.
Each small motion, indefinitely stretched.
I forget myself-
Existing merely by my eyes and perception of smell,
Through the ebb and flow of permeating perfume.

Solitary, simply standing,
to breathe, to see
on forgotten hobbled legs.
In the presence of this moment,
I cease to exist

And the radiant blooms,
A supernova
A microcosm
A million lives in some minutes
A canopy and a carpet.

Then to leave,
As I must- so full in heart,
and yet, incredibly light.
Grateful,
for full blooms- past and present.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful selection Maya. Wishing you all the success you truly deserve (don't forget that I possess your ultimate masterpiece, with me on the computer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anuj! It's the first of my poetry that I've actually put on the blog...might do it again :)

    ReplyDelete