Thursday 5 January 2017

O

If I had to give Love a shape ,
it would be ‘0’.
Not a circle, never so perfect;
not a zero, not nothing; but ‘O’.

This Love would have girth,
A flat plane, to walk on. 
And upon this flat plain ‘O’ of love,
there would be only two, you and I.

This ‘O', can be a wobbly carousel sometimes.
Its similar parts always away from each other. 
On this carousel, you would carelessly choose a lion to sit on.
But I know on this ride, there is only one of each animal, and not all of them bob up and down.

When the music stops, we stay stranded in our spots.
The carousel disappears.
How do I reach you?
Could there be a way across without dropping into the void? 

Sometimes to go forward, you have to change direction, walk backwards,
Or maybe stay still, and stop walking.
Or turn about, and walk parallel, for a while.
Opposites can sometimes be closer or further away, depending on their orbit.

I want to go to where you are, to that exact spot on the other side.
But you are looking the other way, oblivious of me.
Maybe you will turn your head and see me, maybe you will stay still,
And maybe, if I am quick enough I will reach you in time.....maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment