Sunday 1 January 2017

To Start From Nowhere

To start from nothing, from nowhere. 

Maybe that is why people like new beginnings. It's a chance to start from somewhere. A beginning point. A new year, a new month, a new week. Days don't count as much; they come once every 24 hours, pass by too quickly, and because of that, they feel insignificant. 

I think it is interesting that nobody ever says, I'll start right now, not tomorrow, not next week or next month or next year, but this second. Each second, every second, a new beginning... chance after chance after chance. We are like cats with countless lives. When seen like this, time is ever expanding, we have countless, immeasurable opportunities. 

The best part is that there is no failure in this- we get to choose every second. There is no need to wait. If I missed doing something an hour ago, I can do it now, and if I miss the 'now', I get another chance almost immediately after. It is an easy system. It allows you to do whatever you set out to do right away. And that is its benefit, but maybe also its problem. 

Remember your old friend, the one that whispered the practical course of action to take; the one that insisted on the safest route, the route which had you doing nothing; that same friend, that out of concern, 'for arguments sake', challenged the very motivation of your work, your ideas and your goals.... remember that friend? Yes, his/her name is Fear. 

I am here to tell you, that that relationship is not going to work out well for you in the long run.  I've had a similar friend myself. It didn't work out well for me either; I had to let the friendship go. Just like you, my dear reader, my friend, (may I call you so?), must also realise it's time to let that friend go. You guys are not on the same page. You want to, no, need to start doing what you were supposed to do now, and, let's face it, Fear, will never start anything, ever! In fact he/she is a selfish pig, that will not let you go anywhere either. Fear will keep you stashed away, locked up in a world of shadows and doubts. You may be comfortable there, but ask yourself if you are happy. I know it may be hard at first, but you have got to throw him/her out. End the relationship. Move on. Find another friend. One that makes you happy. 

This is your moment, this second, January 1st, 2017, 11:49pm. And if you don't seize it, it will still be your moment tomorrow, but why wait? Do what you have always wanted to do, and do it now. Find a way to find joy. Find a way. Remember the magnitude of the number of seconds in each day; countless chances to do meaningful things. Countless ways to be happy. And when you work like this, from second to second, what date it is, what year it is, all becomes meaningless, time is rendered impotent; for there are countless seconds in each day, and without Fear by your side, and each one of those seconds will bring with it immense joy. 

1 comment:

  1. Superb Maya, resonates at so many levels with me. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete